- This event has passed.
Penka Kouneva seminar on composer development
June 29, 2017 @ 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm$5
Thursday June 29 2017
Seattle Film Institute: Theater
3210 16th Ave W Seattle WA 98119
Admission: $5 (proceeds to benefit SCA)
7pm – meet and greet; informal mentoring
7:30 – 8:45 Seminar on Composer Development
- The self-teaching composer: methodology of film/game score analysis (harmony, form, thematic development, emotional arc, arrangement, style, aesthetics)
- The self-teaching composer: methodology of reading orchestral scores
- Developing one’s unique style and “sound,” and why it’s vital in today’s market
- How to stay relevant to your contacts and grow your client base
- How to get scoring jobs in film and games
- How to get top industry professionals to actually listen to your demo
- How to deconstruct “temp scores” and still compose imaginative music when bound by “temp love”
8:45 – 9:30 – demo critique of 7 demos*
9:30 – 10 – Q and A
10 – 11 – socializing, location TBD
*Guidelines for demo submission for critique:
• The DEADLINE for submission of Demos for Critique is June 25.
• Submit mp3s only to with the Subject: SCA 6/29 Demo Critique
• Maximum length is 1:20
• Only 7 tracks will be selected and critiqued. Submit your most interesting, masterful, unique cinematic composition.
• Penka will play the tracks anonymously and give constructive and thoughtful critiques for the benefit of all attendees.