SCA Live Sessions is a series of live performances, featuring the talent
of our communityof music creators. SCA Live Sessions gives our members a
chance to have their music played and heard, live on stage.
Members are encouraged to submit any genre of music for consideration,
but please take note of the musicians we have invited to play.
WHEN & WHERE:
- Our next SCA Live Session will be hosted on Friday, May 12th at The Chapel performance space in Wallingford: 4649 Sunnyside Ave. N, 4th floor, Seattle, WA
- Doors open at 7pm. The show will start at 7:30pm.
- Performances are open to the public, but only active members of the SCA may submit a song to be considered in the program. If you're not already a member, it is very simple to hop on board...find out here.
- The complete program will comprise two 45-minute sets with music from multiple SCA composers.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Submissions are due by April 10th, 2023
- We are excited to host the magnificent muti-instrumentalist duo of Lori Shepherd and Robyn Watson as our performing ensemble. This is a great opportunity for our composers to be creative and make use of such a wide variety of instruments!
- Lori Shepherd plays E flat, B flat and bass clarinet, as well as soprano, alto, tenor, and baritone saxophone.
- Robyn Watson plays bassoon, contrabassoon, oboe, and English horn.
- Composers may use the duo in one of the following ways: 1) Any combination of the duo (soloist or duet) can play your piece. Please take careful note of which instruments are possible to be played at one time! 2) Composers may play and/or sing solo along with the duo.
- Composers may bring their own soloist/musicians to play with the duo.
- Suggested donation for submissions is $25 or more to compensate our duo.
- Submissions for performances utilizing the duo are required to include a full score, and ideally a recording of the music for the band’s reference.
- Please read all instructions and notes on the registration form very carefully before submitting your piece for consideration.
>> CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR SCORE AND LINK TO YOUR RECORDING. All submissions are due by April 10th, 2023.
- We have a Technical Series of educational videos including scoring for oboe available to SCA members on our website. Check it out!
- Upon request, the SCA will be offering online, recorded workshops to cover the basics, assist in score preparation, and answer instrumentation questions. The dates and times are TBA, but will occur before the submission deadline of April 10th. if you would be interested.
- You can also about preparing your score for the duo.
If you have any accessibility requests, please do not hesitate to and we will do our best to make accommodations.