The Seattle Composers Alliance a series of live performances, featuring the talent of our community of music creators. SCA Live Sessions gives our members a
chance to have their music played and heard, live on stage.
Members are encouraged to submit any genre of music for consideration,
but please take note of the musicians we have invited to play.
WHEN & WHERE:
- Our next SCA Live Session will be hosted on Tuesday, November 15th at Café Racer in Capitol Hill.
- Doors open at 6pm. The show will start at 7:30pm. Café Racer is open to all ages until 10:00pm.
- Performances are open to the public, but only active members of the SCA may submit a song to be considered in the program. Membership is simple…find out here.
- The complete program will comprise two 45-minute sets with music from multiple SCA composers.
HOW IT WORKS:
- All Live Sessions concerts are open to the public but only active members of the SCA may submit a piece to be considered in the program.
- We are excited to host the magnificent saxaphone quartet Bamboo and Brass LTD as our “house band!”
- Submissions for performances utilizing the house band are required to include a full score, and ideally a recording of the music for the band’s reference. Composers may use the band in one of the following ways:
- Option 1: Any combination the saxophone quartet players (soloist, duet, trio, or quartet) can play your piece.
- Option 2: Composers may play and/or sing solo along with the quartet.
- Option 3: Composers may bring their own soloist/musicians to play with the band.
- Suggested donation for submissions is $20 or more to compensate our house band.
- Send a document of your score and link to your recording of the song to email@example.com by September 15, 2022. The recording does not need to be studio quality, but should be clear enough for the selection committee to hear/understand. In order to assure your email is not too large to come through, please post your song to the cloud and provide a link to it in your submission.
- Please submit concert scores as well as individual transposed parts. Scores must be legible and easy to sight-read.
- The song must be no longer than 5 minutes in duration.
- The venue and the house band cannot accommodate a rehearsal prior to the show, so performers must be ready to go that night.
- Additional instrumentalists/vocalists brought in by composers cannot be paid by the SCA.
- Submissions will be reviewed and selected by the SCA Board of Directors and Bamboo and Brass LTD.
- All composers, performers, program leaders and attendees must adhere to the SCA’s Code of Conduct.
- The SCA will be offering online, recorded workshops to cover the basics, assist in score preparation, and answer instrumentation questions. The dates and times are TBA, but both will occur before the submission deadline of September 15th. Please let us know if you would be interested.
- You can also contact us about preparing your score for the saxophone quartet.